Monday, December 14, 2009

Right Country, Wrong City

So I've had quite the last 24 hours.  Got on my southwest flights no problem, made it to LAX right on schedule.  I get in line for the check-in for Air New Zealand and they tell us that the plane experienced incredible amounts of turbulence on the way to LA and needs to undergo maintenance so the flight is delay 12 hours.  They put us all up at the LAX Hilton and give us a free dinner buffet, which wasn't very good.  After a $7 beer at the bar I was exhausted, took a shower and went to bed.  The next morning I got to the airport to check my bag and there were no workers there.  Apparently they don't get there until 5:30 even though my flight is supposed to leave at 7.  Anyway, I got the guy to switch my seat to an aisle, which turned out to be an exit row!  WIN!

After security and unknowingly paying for starbucks breakfast when my boarding pass would have gotten it for free, the plane was an hour late taking off.  The aisle seat however was amazing!  Free to stretch my legs for the full 12 hours.

The flight was uneventful, though the flight attendant keep filling up my wine glass during dinner.  THe last hour went really fast!  Customs had to inspected the tent that I brought, which meant taking it apart and making a mess out of the nicely folded and packed bag, which took me forever repack.  They put me up in a Holiday Inn for tonight and gave us a free buffet dinner.  It even had oysters on the half shell!  I went downtown with so guys that were on my plane, they spent $260 on dinner, I was content with my buffet dinner, 2 beers and some bread.  I'm off to Queenstown, to meet up with Streaks, who I haven't been able to contact so Dan if you are reading this, I'll try to call you in the morning!  haha

Time for bed...

Weather is beautiful.  I love summer!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally made it- now your Mom can sleep tonight! At least until she wonders when the bungee jumping and sky diving are taking place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you made it as well, and the same thing goes for me about finally being able to sleep.

    Also, I would like a postcard. My address is 148 Myrtle St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060. But, if you could not use my real name that would be swell. I'm not technically living here, so maybe use the alias "Ghostface Killah". Thanks buddy.

    ReplyDelete