Saturday, December 12, 2009

And They're Off!

I'm leaving for the airport in 45 minutes!  I'm all packed hoping that it's not more than the weight limit, mostly because I don't want to be carrying 50 lbs the whole trip.  I couldn't fit the tent in my pack so I'm going to bring it as a carry-on and then strap it to my pack once I get there.

I realized last night that I'm taking 5 planes to get where I'm going today!  5 separate flights!  Are you kidding me?  You can probably get anywhere in the world in 3 flights.  I'm taking 5!  Yikes.

Bought a Flip video camera last night.  So we'll be capturing as much of this epic trip as possible on video and then having Drew take 6 months to make a 4 hour long movie out of it just like last time.

Anyway, I've got to go throw the rest of my stuff in my pack and then Matt should be here to take me to the airport.  I get into Queenstown Monday afternoon, Streaks should get in later that night.  From there....who knows!  Debauchery should ensue!

4 comments:

  1. Good thing I am not on those flights, you would never make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pete, this is Sarah, your cuz. Good luck. Have fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I posted my comment too soon! Hope you are not too exhausted and it is your only hiccup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you hold on to this video camera longer than the one from the USA cross country adventure so we are able to see all the action and scenery!

    ReplyDelete