Thursday, December 10, 2009

Almost

I leave Boston in about 70 hours!  I might not sleep between now and then.  Got slammed with stuff to do for my thesis that my committee wants done before new years, aka before Saturday morning at 11AM.  Should be an interesting few days.

I've been getting ready to go: booked a hostel in Queenstown for the first 2 nights I'll be there.  I arrive in QT on Monday afternoon.  Streaks should get in Tuesday morning.  Right now we have no set plans.  Maybe some bungy jumping, skydiving, canyon swinging.  Definitely hitting up Fergberger 2 or 3 times while we're there!  That place is amazing!

We have booked a Wicked Van to be picked up on the 18th and we'll keep it until we get to Auckland for New Years.  I'm guessing it's a standard, so I had Hilary teach me how to drive yesterday afternoon.  We only almost died once and I didn't hit anything.  I think I did great for my first time! ... should be an interesting trip!  Dan said he learned how to drive stick the other day so between us we're all set!  Hopefully we don't blow out the clutch.  I'm also really hoping there's a tape player so we can hook up our iPods.  I was thinking of making a few CDs just in case.  We'll see if I have time.

Am I forgetting anything?  Probably...oh well!  I'll wing it!

1 comment: