Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How many people would like a peanut butter stout if I brewed it?

If you think you would like a peanut butter stout, please comment on this post.

In other news, Tarik and I are in SaPa, leaving in an hour to go back to Hanoi.  This place is great.  I love it.  Especially when Tarik gets totallyfreaked out by the young village girls at the bar.  They looked 12.  The only bad part about this town is the massages.  Apparently somebody told them that a foot massage consists mostly of hitting and prodding my calves for 29 minutes and pushing some weird thing into my feet for the last minute.  It was not relaxing or fun and it kinda hurt.  It appeared they were doing the same thing to the guys getting neck and shoulder massages as well.  No more Vietnamese massages.

Forgot the mention in the last post the multiple times we had to stop or motorbikes to left bulls ridden by little boys cross or a man taking his pigs for a walk down the road to get out of the way.  Things I've come to expect and not think are out of the ordinary.

I'll be home in a week.  Things I'm excited for about America:
  • Showers that are separated from the rest of the bathroom by some sort of curtain, glass, door, anything
  • Bathroom that aren't always wet
  • Flushing toilet paper down the toilet
  • Mexican food specifically a burrito
  • Pizza
  • A cheeseburger
  • Non-bottled water
  • Everything not being wet all the time
  • Not sweating constantly (although Sapa has been a nice change from that)
  • My own bed
  • Things happening around me that I understand
  • Trash cans
  • Not being harassed by every motorbike driver or woman selling something
  • Waiters that don't had you the menu and then hover over you until you order
  • Beer that tastes like something
  • Sour patch kids
  • Cheese
Things I'm going to miss:
  • Meals that cost less than $3
  • Going wherever we want ­whenever we ­want
  • Haggling
  • Meeting random people
  • Beaches
  • Trekking
  • Temples
  • The randomness of traveling

2 comments:

  1. you don't even like peanut butter! so why would u make it? for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. pete will like peanut butter after this....can we put fluff on top?

    ReplyDelete